Safe and transparent firearms-related services for collectors, estate lawyers, executors, trustees, and widows
GTA Guns and Gear Auctions Inc. is the leading gun auction company of all gun auctions in Ontario. GTA provides a wide range of services for both firearms sellers and buyers. Through our straightforward and transparent processes, we make it easy and equitable for our customers to legally purchase or sell guns and related equipment as well as gun appraisals and safe long and short term storage for guns.
- Firearms and related merchandise liquidation through our online auctions with advance bidder viewing.
- Safe, accessible gun storage. Long or short term firearms storage solutions.
- Firearms appraisals
- Gunsmithing. Repairs, decommission, stock refinishing, re-bluing, re-barreling, customization, etc.
- Gun amnesty for unlicensed firearms – we will pay for the firearms. No licence required
- Alternatives to pawning guns
- Registering non-registered firearms
Our auction services include
- Managing the sale and payment for all firearms and hunting and shooting equipment
- Applying our proprietary GUNCHECK™ verification process to all firearms available for sale
- Applying our proprietary CYCLECHECK™
- Arranging convenient merchandise pickup from your location (fees will apply)
- Packing and shipping sold items via registered Canada Post or insured Canpar delivery
- Upgrading purchased firearms
- Promptly paying sellers for sold items
- Performing dedicated auctions for large firearms collections
- Registering non-registered guns
And now, gunsmith services.
We have an ongoing relationship with licensed gunsmith, David Battiston and we are now a licensed gunsmith outlet for him.
David is an expert at;
- Installation of muzzle breaks
- Installation of recoil pads
- Drilling and tapping for scopes
- Glass and carbon fiber bedding
- Bolt bending and jeweling
- Stock repair
And at our location;
- Mounting scopes
- Minor stock repairs and refinishing
- Bore sighting
- Professional gun cleaning using the most up to date equipment
We also provide guidance and appraisals for estate lawyers, trustees, executors with guns, and heirs on how to deal with inherited firearms. Note: As of January 1, 2016, the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) changed the graduated taxation of testamentary trusts. For widows, heirs, and estate executors who have firearms bequeathed to them, the CRA now requires you to have estate firearms professionally appraised before the will may be probated. GTA Gun Auctions is conveniently located in Ontario to serve the sellers of guns as well as the buyers of guns.
All persons in possession of firearms are subject to Canadian and U.S. laws governing the ownership, transporting, and storing of them. DO NOT move, unlock, give away, or sell firearms in your possession until you fully understand the laws in your jurisdiction. It is the trustee’s or executor’s responsibility to ensure firearms included in a will or estate are stored in a safe and legal fashion.
Are you an executor with guns? GTA Guns and Gear Auctions Inc. can safely transport and store the firearms in your possession while the estate is being settled. In Canada, all firearms owners must have a firearms possession license, and additionally, a registration certificate for any restricted or prohibited firearm.
For estate trustees and executors, you are not legally required to surrender the firearms of an estate to the police. While estate laws may vary by province, the Canadian Firearms Act states an executor generally has the same rights the deceased had to possess firearms even if the executor is not personally licensed to possess a firearm.
If you are unfamiliar with the laws and regulations governing firearms ownership and storage, we are available to help you by:
- Purchasing, selling, or disposing of the firearms in your possession
- Short- and long-term secure firearms storage
- Professionally appraising your firearms collection for insurance valuation or estate executors
- An alternative to pawning guns
If you have a question about the firearms that are in your possession, contact us by phone, email, or through our online form
Gun Amnesty Programme
Do not take your unwanted guns to the police for disposal. They are worth money.
Regardless of whether you have a firearms license or not, we can legally and responsibly sell your guns for you and you can use the money any way you want.
Call us at (844)482-4644 to have a very discrete discussion.